Kahoot

Kahoot
Posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 @ 04:15 PM

Hi all OCR teachers, does anyone use kahoot?  Just getting into it and students seemingly loving it for revision.  Just wondering if it worth (if anyone interested) sharing out some areas of the spec to create the quizzes? - would cut down the work load and benefit all potentially.

I intend to have a bank of 20 q's on each core study then use some of those q's to have  a topic based one and then another topic based one more on assumptions, debates etc.

If anyone interested reply - maybe a specific # could be used to make it easy to find each other's work?

Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 02:46 PM

Hi

I have also just started using kahoot.  All mine are available to anyone with an account.  Just go to 'find kahoots' there are loads of ready made quizzes. In lots of them there is an option to edit too, so you can tailor them to your needs. 

I got my students to make their own and test each other on the different core studies.   Cripes, the level of competition!

Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 @ 05:55 PM

Hi , I am going to be a bit of a downer on this, yes students find kahoot fun and yes it can be used for revision but I have found that the students get caught up more on the competition who gets their answer in first but not actually on the right or wrong answer.  Also when I have asked the questions in a different format e.g. as a consolidation task (not Kahoot) e.g. as a collection of questions; Kahoot has not helped in helping the students retain the correct information.  I come with a word of caution in how you use this tool.

Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 @ 10:12 AM

Thanks, yep I can imagine it could take over and work on a shallower level.  I intend to make the quizzes focus more on the tricky/over looked details rather than the bread and butter recall.