GCSE Psychology 3 year KS4

GCSE Psychology 3 year KS4
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 @ 07:47 PM

Hi,

From September my school is moving to a 3 year KS4. I am planning to go with the new AQA spec. I was just wondering if anyone was in the same position and had any ideas about how to structure the course? I am worried that some of the content is really difficult for the year 9's.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 @ 09:35 AM

Hi Sarah,

I will also be doing the 3 year GCSE psychology but have opted to go with Edexcel as there is a 3 year course planner available and seems to be more support materials generally than AQA. I think AQA are still in the process of producing their materials.

Clare

Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 @ 09:40 AM

I have opted to go for AQA coming from WJEC. Starting to get worried as there seems to have been no progress in months regarding support materials.

Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2017 @ 06:31 PM

Thanks for the replies!

I will have a look at the edexcel course.

I have found a sample chapter of the textbook for AQA at http://www.illuminatepublishing.com/samples/AQA_GCSE_Psychology_sample/#18

Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2017 @ 08:35 PM

I have used this sample chapter to plan the memory section of the course - I have written a booklet and ppts for this section of the course. Will be tackling Perception next

Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2017 @ 10:51 PM

http://www.illuminatepublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=125 

I'm sure Both are now available 

Posted: Friday, June 16, 2017 @ 02:39 PM

We do a three year but we use year 9 to teach whatever we want in terms of psychology. We teach them aspects of everything and then start the actual specification after Easter in year 9. The students have enjoyed it so far, they conduct mini experiments, do their own research etc and it gives them a good grounding in how to write essays and the assessment objectives. It also allows us to respond to topical news so students can use knowledge and apply it to every day things.

Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 @ 10:34 AM

OUP has also published for the new AQA GCSE spec and you can also access a sample chapter:

Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 @ 03:23 PM

Hi all,

I'm also delivering the 3 year AQA GCSE. I've started it from this year- which has been difficult as there are limited supporting materials!

Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 @ 04:16 PM

As Rups said the Illuminate book (approved by AQA) plus digital support materials are all now published (and there's a Revision guide in the works).

However the link given seems to take you to the OUP book.

Cut and paste this: http://www.illuminatepublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=125

About Resourcd

Resourcd is a community of teachers sharing resources, videos and ideas created by Jamie Davies and Mark Holah.

Read more about Resourcd and our ideas, see the boring legal stuff or even Join Resourcd PLUS.

@ImResourcd

Resourcd PLUS!

Extra features include; faster download speeds, the option to preview most of the resources on the site prior to downloading them, the ability to send private messages to all users, online chat, a private PLUS forum and the option to send private files.

Get PLUS!

Another excellent production supported and hosted by Slapes*.
© 2007-2017 Slapes Limited (08180448). All Rights Reserved.