Help! GCSE Edxcel resources

Help! GCSE Edxcel resources
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 @ 09:45 AM

Hi everyone, 

I am going to be teaching Edexcel psychology from September 2017 (over 3 years). Can anyone point me in the direction of resources? Most of the resources here are for other exam boards (or am I just not searching correctly?). I would be happy to link up via email with other edxcel teachers too, I am doing the online training (preparing to teach) on the 13th June and would happily share this and anything else I do :)

Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 @ 11:50 AM

Hi,

It's possible that the reason for the lack of resources is that the specification changes WEF September this year - we have the specifications but no text books yet. I teach OCR but am in the same situation with a lack of resources, as I suspect everyone else is! 

Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 @ 06:12 PM

Hello,

I am in a similar position. I start at a new school in September after teaching AQA A-levels for four years and will be taking on GCSE for the first time alongside someone who ran it in their last school. We have gone with Edexcel and created a long term plan, but no in depth details. I will be taking year 10 on a two year cycle and the other teacher is taking on year 9 to run it for a three year. (new course from Sep so available to both year groups) We have been allocated 2 hours a week.

Would be happy to set up an email link? I am also going to attend the online training, but feel any additional help would be great!

Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 @ 08:25 AM

I'm using the textbook to create my resources. Will upload as I go along. I'm currently doing the development section - but getting increasingly annoyed/concerned about the greater difficulty compared with the previous spec.

Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 @ 09:25 AM

I am also teaching the new Edexcel GCSE and it is taking me hours!! Agreeing with other comments here that it is basically A Level standard and very content heavy. I have been putting together a SOW for Developmental and some resources. Happy to collaborate/share resources - all my stuff is either Google Docs or Slides, but can be downloaded as Word/PPT.

Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 @ 01:10 PM

Thanks for replying! How would we go about setting up a shared area/linking emails?

Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 @ 04:04 PM

Hi I am also teaching GCSE Edexcel next academic year, would love to collaborate with every one?

Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 @ 08:30 PM

Hi, I am also teaching Edexcel next year. I am just beginning to teach it to My Year 9 class. I am currently starting with the Psychological problems topic as this is the one my class selected to start with. I am using the textbook as my starting point and then resources from other boards. Happy to share mine too :)

Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 @ 09:29 PM

Hi all,

I started teaching the new spec this year- I started with sleep and dreaming and I have just started criminal- both are option units but they stressed at the training day for the new spec that it really didn't matter what order you taught it in. I really had to break everything down and use some A level resources, as that was all that was available when I started. Now the book has come out, I can see I have overtaught some things, but the resources do match the book content- I agree, it feels very A-level. Happy to join some sort of collaboration group and share resources!

Abi

Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 @ 08:56 AM

I am also teaching the Edexcel GCSE from September and would love to join and email/collaboration group!  

Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 @ 03:26 PM

Hi Abigail, I am starting with sleep and dreaming too, how long did it take you to complete the topic?

Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 @ 05:35 PM

Hi Jackie, 

Honestly- absolutely ages! I am blaming it on overteaching, difficulty of the new spec and being and NQT ;) It took about 12 weeks, if not more!

I am happy to share resources if you need them, they will most likely need some tidying up but I guess it is a start! I have used plenty of yours in the past (thank you!)

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 @ 09:10 AM

Hi all - if you are happy to share you're email address on here could set up a google doc folder that could then be shared with everyone. We'd be able to upload resources in a centralised manner.

mine is clarefaragher@googlemail.com

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 @ 09:41 AM

Hi!

Interesting to see peoples plans and options as we haven't started delivery yet! We have gone for criminal and sleep and dreaming. Our current planning for September for a 2 year course is each topic getting around 7 weeks apart from research methods which is going to be slightly longer. Is this in line with the rest of you or are we cutting it fine? We used the Edexcel modes of delivery recommendations.

I am happy to share ideas and resources my email is: samhawkins3@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 @ 08:59 PM

I have set up a google drive folder and will attempt to share the link to that anyone who wants to can add resources by topic area. I've also uploaded my training materials from tonight's online session. I can only share if I have an email address. if you don't want to share it on here you can email me directly.

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 @ 10:30 PM

Hi,

My email address is zakarzoo786@live.co.uk I am more than happy to share resources once I start planning for this.

Thanks 

Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 @ 10:18 AM

Hi I'd like to share also my email is aa@salegrammar.co.uk

Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 @ 01:56 PM

I'd also like to be involved in sharing resources. Email is: peninhalkyn@gmail.com. Thanks.

Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 @ 02:06 PM

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bydn86qbJsolajRuRmFpcXVXR0k?usp=sharing

so this is the link - you will need to create a google account (you can use your current email address as a log in)

Posted: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 @ 03:44 PM

Hi

I have taught 4 topics from this new course this year (memory, the brain, dreaming and psychological problems).  I am trying to share them on the google drive but have never used anything like this before!  Does anyone have easy to follow instructions?  Also how can I access other peoples resources that they have shared??  It looks like there is nothing in the folders at the mo!!!