Promoting British Values in Psychology (AQA)

Promoting British Values in Psychology (AQA)
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 @ 09:08 PM

Any good ideas for how you apply PBV in Psychology? Mutual respect, tolerance are relatively straightforwards but the rule of law, individual liberty (mental health?) democracy (voting?). All suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 @ 12:32 PM

I am having to map this to my spec at the moment but on the understanding that you cannot directly evidence all of them in every subject.

I suggest that you make a big deal of ethical issues in psychology which should hit lots of them.  The ethics of forced compliance with treatment is a discussion all about individual liberty and the law; similarly if you are teaching aggression or forensic psychology. Issues and debates is another fertile area where we touch on gender and cultural bias so this maps with respect for other cultures and gender equality even if at a tangent. Hope this is useful.

Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 @ 12:34 PM

Could link voting (democracy) to conformity research - NSI or ISI?
Rules of law - could link to some areas of the forensic psychology topic e.g. the law surrounding crime and mental health.

Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 @ 05:16 PM

I am going to address this when I teach psychopathology (definitions). There is a website called Project Britain which is about everything "British" that I am going to somehow build into social norms.