THe Old Bailey

THe Old Bailey
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2018 @ 06:10 PM

Has anyone organised a trip to a court or to the Old Bailey? Can you reserve seats in the public gallery - I'm assuming not. If you've done this, did you have any difficulty getting in with groups of (sixth form) kids?

Thanks R

Posted: Wednesday, May 16, 2018 @ 08:51 AM

Hi Rach. I've been to the Old Bailey a few times - you can't reserve seats but the staff are usually quite helpful in working out which galleries there is space, they usually do get split up however (but this can make for interesting discussion once back in the classroom). They are not allowed to take ANYTHING in with them - so no phones, no water...there are some places that have lockers nearby or I used to leave one member of staff in a nearby coffee shop with their stuff (after asking them to only bring the bare minimum with them!)

Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2018 @ 06:00 PM

THat's brilliant, thank you. How many students have you taken in the past? I have around 30 - do you think that would be easy enough to accommodate?

Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018 @ 11:24 AM

I think that would be ok, my groups have been a bit smaller but 30 should be fine. I don't know if you are able to give the court a heads up

Posted: Sunday, May 20, 2018 @ 01:01 PM

THanks KAty, I'll contact them via the website and see what they recommend.