OCR Paper 3 - Vague specification

OCR Paper 3 - Vague specification
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 @ 02:20 PM

Anyone else struggling with it. For example for Section A there is nothing written down about comparing and then by looking at past exam qs I see a comparison essay, I really don't think the spec is detailed enough. So when teaching a biological and non biological treatment do I need to make sure they are for the same disorder in case students are asked to compare?

Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 @ 02:43 PM

I am sure that the specification says they only need to know treatments for one disorder, and would make sense to compare for the same disorder.

Signature  Julie Amatruda
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 08:46 AM

It say biological for one disorder and non-biological for on disorder but I picked anti psychotics for shiz and SD for phobias just because I find them interesting and like teaching about them, on the spec it doesn't say they will be asked to compare on the same disorder

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 08:51 AM

We don't do the same disorder, we look at SSRIs for treating depression for biological and we do systematic desensitisation as a behavioural treatment for phobias. I've not seen a question where they have been asked to compare treatments, only explanations.

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 09:30 AM

Thanks, there hasn't been a question comparing treatments, so hopefully this isn't a possibility.

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 11:25 AM

it also doesn't specify how many definitions to teach students