Methodological issues and debates in relation to definitions of abnormality OCR

Methodological issues and debates in relation to definitions of abnormality OCR
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 11:41 AM

I want to prepare students for this but some don't seem to be relevant for example it is clear that ethnocentrism is clearly linked to all the definitions. But are all the others? For example how is nature/nurture relevant to the deviation from social norms definition Or how is conducting socially sensitive research relevant to deviation from ideal mental health? Or how is relaibility relevaent to failure to function adequatelly etc

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 11:46 AM

Does anyone have any resources on this, I'm starting to dread teaching OCR as AQA seems so much more straight forward.

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 01:15 PM

We have offered quite a range of answers in the Illuminate OCR Year 2 book, see pages 18 and 19.

In fact you can view this spread if you go to https://www.illuminatepublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=161

and click on the sample pages

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 01:30 PM

Thanks, yes I've seen it now there are just a few that I'm still struggling with

Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 @ 01:40 PM

Is anything ok, as long as it is justified sensible for example:

The failure to function definition could be seen as arguing that nurture is important because individuals learn how to function adequately depending on their environment. For example there isn’t a biological structure that compels individuals to get a job, this is something that individuals are taught is a necessary part of life.