Edexcel teachers in the South West

Edexcel teachers in the South West
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 @ 02:43 PM

Hi all

It has been suggested that as a sole teacher I try to network with other teachers in the local area, to look at moderation of mocks and share teaching ideas. I have tried emailing local schools but had no response.

Is there anyone in Devon particularly who teaches Edexcel? Jenny I am aware of you in Dorset(?) hoping to find any other South Westers and any a bit closer to home!

Thanks 

Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 @ 09:00 PM

I am in Somerset near Bridgwater if that's any good. Happy to moderate etc which can be done via email. Also happy to meet up, could always be somewhere half way - school is quite good at release time

Posted: Monday, July 9, 2018 @ 09:27 PM

That would be lovely Jenny. It would be great to have someone to share ideas with. Beginning to get a bit worried now about year 12, mock results are disappointing.

Do you have any essay tips you could share in terms of structure? I feel like maybe I am missing something obvious. I have always taught Edexcel but after time out I feel like I haven't quite got it right with the new spec yet. Within my school I changed from AQA to Edexcel as have previously done well with them, but now thinking AQA at least had a set format with essays of A01 and 3/4 A03 paragraphs which students seemed to get.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 @ 11:23 AM

I have some stuff I can send you. email me at jbaines@kowessex.co.uk and I will forward my planning sheets.

Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 @ 02:32 PM

Email sent, thanks Jenny